NMCI is a 14,000m2 facility built on 10 acres of waterside campus. It was purpose built to serve the training requirements of the School of Nautical Studies, Cork Institute of Technology and the Irish Naval Service.
- Marine EngineeringMarine engineering facilities at NMCI include a full sized working ship's engine room, a fully instrumented ship's control room, a welding workshop, an electrical workshop and a mechanical engineering workshop.
- Sea SurvivalAny person who spends time on the water should complete a basic course on survival at sea. It is compulsory for many mariners including those personnel serving on ships.
- Marine CommunicationsThe Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS) covers all aspects of maritime communications under the SOLAS convention, from legal requirement and equipment compliance down to operations and testing.
- Fire FightingMarine personnel must be able to deal with incidents of fire while a ship is at sea. All mariners are trained in fire prevention and fire fighting techniques.
- Learning Resource CentreThe Learning Resource Centre (LRC) is a focal point for students outside the classroom environment.
- Facilities HireThe college is a public-private partnership and as such has the capacity to provide facilities hire. NMCI is a 14,000m2 facility built on a 10 acre waterside campus and is a world class conference venue in Cork.
- NMCI RestaurantThe NMCI restaurant is a bright and spacious area with panoramic sea-views. Here, we provide a full catering service with a balanced and varied menu including some self-serving counters offering fresh soups and salads and a daily hot special.